Have you made a secure login to your windows that requires password to start using the windows during startup? Yes, most people make the secure logins to their windows like you might also have done. The most probable thing that happens with most of the users is that they actually forget their password. You might have also forgot your password once in a life, when you have changed it in hurry or something like that. The best thing is that you don’t have to worry if you have forgot your windows password.
You can reset the password on your windows and still use your windows. To know how you can reset the windows password go through the article that is stated below.
How to Reset Windows Password If You Have Forgotten It
The guide is simple and straight and your just follow the steps that are given below to Reset your Windows Password.
Also Read: How To Control The Data Usage In Windows 10
Steps To Reset Windows Password If You Have Forgotten It
1. First of all turn on your PC and Boot up the windows in Troubleshoot Screen. From there just select the option “Repair your Windows“.
2. Follow through the various options to reach the Command Prompt option. Select this option, Command prompt window will open on your screen. In this window type the following command:
copy “c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe” c:\
Now type the following command in the CMD windows:
copy “c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe” and then “c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe”
After the above process by typing yes you can now reboot your PC.
3. Once after reboot you get to the Windows Login screen, just hit the Shift key five times. This will load the command prompt window on the screen and this will be in administrator mode.
4. Now to reset the password of your windows you have to type the command given below in the Command prompt window.
net user username MynewPassword
Here username will be the username of the account of admin and replace mynewpassword with the password that you want to set.
5. So thats all! your windows password will be reset and you can now login to your windows after reboot. The thing that you will have to do after logging to the windows is opening the Command prompt again and typing the following command:
Cmd:”c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe” copy the sethc.exe file to this folder.
Note: This method will not work for the windows 10 with Microsoft account as it requires to reset the passwords on the servers also.
So above discussion is all about How to Reset Windows Password If You Have Forgotten It. By the above method your windows password will be reset. But for others this is the best an the safest method to reset the password and gain access to the Windows.