If you are considering to copy up your files from Android device to the Mac/PC then you know that it is pretty simple to do that, just connect up the Android device to the computer using up the data cable and hence drag and drop all your files and folders or just copy paste it all. For this process, you would need up the wired connection between your computer and Android device but what if you are willing to do that whole process in a wireless manner. Yes, you can actually transfer up your data from the Android to the Mac/PC just via wireless connection and by this I doesn’t mean the Bluetooth connection (It’s damn slow) but I’m talking about the great new method i.e Flash transfer in which you could make up the Android act like a wireless Flash drive. This method is very very convenient to be used and the process also helps to transfer up the files or data to the computer at great speed! To know about the method through which you can also convert your Android device into a Wireless Flash Drive and hence transfer up the data to the Mac or PC, just read out this article!
Now have a look on simple and easy guide to Turn Your Android into a Wireless Flash Drive for Mac or PC with the help of simple android app and a portal that will allow you to do that, So follow the below guide to proceed.
Turn Your Android into a Wireless Flash Drive for PC or MAC
The method is quite simple and easy and you just need to follow the simple guide to turning your android into the wireless flash drive for your mac. So follow the below guide to proceed.
Steps To Turn Your Android into a Wireless Flash Drive for PC or MAC:
1. To get started with the method, you will have to install up until the app named “Pocket share: Flash Drive / NAS” on your Android device. This app could be found on the Google Play Store so you won’t need to go through the websites to find it up.
2. This step is meant for the Windows Users and the Mac users need not apply this step on their device. This step is all about the initial setup required on the Windows for the method to work and this isn’t needed on the Mac PC. In this step, you have to head towards the settings menu inside the Pocketshare app on your Android device and from there click on the Configure Windows option. After that, you need to get up the URL by saving it from the prompt message.
3. Open up that saved URL on your Windows computer using up any web browser and then from the proceeding web page that opens up you would see some kind of files listed. From that list, you have to select and download the ‘pocketshare_windows.bat’ file. Then rename the file to “Pocketshare.bat” and run it on your windows, you might be asked for some permissions so just grant these all. You will notice that after the execution of this file the Windows would be flashed and gets disappeared as soon. If that happened on your PC after execution of file then just restart your Windows and you are all done to set up the Wireless sharing!
4. Now before you start to share up the files between your Mac or Windows and Android device note that both these devices have been connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To share up the files first open the Pocketshare app , the server will start automatically and you need to select your computer’s name under the Devices tab in the Finder’s sidebar.
5. If you are using Mac or PC then head to the My Computer from where you shall be able to see a network drive named “Pocketshare“, just double click the drive to open it. From the windows panel that appears after that, you could easily transfer up the files and folders to your Android device or the vice-versa.
6. The files transferred from the computer can be checked or received in the Files tab of the Pocketshare app from where you can open it up or save it top the storage option of your device.
Now after reading up to this article you might have got up the method through which the Android can be turned into a Wireless Flash Drive for the Mac or PC. This could be your best way to transfer up the data from your Android to the computer via the wireless method and you would likely use it for every time you need to do up the corresponding task. If you haven’t tried up to this method yet then you would not be knowing about its amazing benefits, so to know that benefits just try out the method now!