Today most of the PC users are working on Windows Operating System, one of the best and user friendly OS that provides numerous features to its users. Till now you might have read our lots of guides regarding Windows OS and here we come up with another great one. In this article we will be guiding you on how to scan and fix the corrupted files in your Windows OS. Yes its possible and can be easily done. Due to certain viruses or any other reasons, windows system files can get corrupted and your PC starts lagging and shows unknown behaviour and at time you keep on finding solutions. Rather then using antiviruses or reinstalling OS what if you are able to directly scan and fix the corrupted file. So have a look on complete discussed below to proceed with this.
Manually scan out all the corrupted files in your Windows OS and easily fix them with some simple commands and Windows ISO file to recover them back directly from the powershell with the below given guide.
How to Scan and Fix Corrupted Windows Files
The method is quite simple and easy and you just need to enter some system commands to get the files scanned and then fix all of them that are corrupted and for that follow some simple steps below.
Steps To Scan and Fix Corrupted Windows Files:
- First of all press windows button and then type Powershell and now it will display the Windows Powershell option, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Now in powershell enter the below command to scan all the corrupted files in your OS.
- Now you need to fix the files and for that you need to enter the below command in powershell.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Now windows will start fixing the files and you should be patient in this process as it will take quite time to complete.
- Now you need the actual ISO file to get the file recovered and for that you need to download the windows ISO file of your respective version.
- Now when the file is downloaded simply right click on it and choose the option mount.
- Now came back to power shell and enter the below command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:X:\sources\install.wim:1
Note: Replace the letter “X” with the actual drive letter of your Windows installation media.
- Now simply execute the below command in powershell
- Thats it you are done, now you will see the message there that the windows file has been recovered successfully.
Also Read: How to Lock Specific Apps in Windows 10
So above guide is all about Scan and Fix Corrupted Windows Files. Use this method and easily fix any of the corrupted files in your Windows OS, just by using the power shell to scan and ISO file to fix that particular files manually. So try this out today. Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.