Man dies after leaving his iPhone charging overnight
Man dies after leaving his iPhone charging overnight

InShortViral: Mark Kruger suffered from brain tumor since two years before his death and was bed ridden as he had lost the feeling in his left side of the body.

A person namely Mark Kruger, aged 53 died by inhaling smoke. He died due to fire which was caused by overheating of his mobile phone, iPhone 5 which he apparently left to charge overnight. Assistant coroner for Berkshire, Ravi Sidhu ordered probe in the death of Kruger on Wednesday February 3 at Reading Town Hall.

Man dies after leaving his iPhone charging overnight

The Probe stated that Mr Kruger used to keep mobile phone on his side and he used to charge it using extension cord in order to make it more approachable.

Get Reading reported that, He was bed ridden and left side of his body was paralyzed due to severe illness. He used to keep his mobile by his side of bed, a wallet which he used for shopping online and he also kept his mobile phone in the event of emergency.

The wife of Mr. Kruger, Iryna Kruger had a statement read out on her behalf in court. She also described that how her husband died in this tragic accident and was relying on electronic bed.

In court hearing, it was said that “He had a Brain Tumor”, he had lost lot of weight and was in deep pain.

According to Toxicology report, it revealed that there was no alcohol found in Mr Kruger’s blood system, however morphine was found in his blood system.

According to Pathologist, Dr Fawaz Musa reported that “Mr Kruger’s body had suffered 64% burns, which comprised of first degree burns to his face and upper chest and residues were traced in his windpipe.

It was later confirmed he due to smoke inhalation which was caused by overheating of the iPhone’s battery which he had kept on Bed Covers.

Mr. Sidhu in a narrative verdict said that Mr Kruger died due to smoke inhalation. He couldn’t feel his body from his left side as he was paralyzed and he might not have been aware of the things happening around him.

This was about Mr Kruger whose left side of the body was not working and how he died in a tragedy. He was suffering from Brain Tumor and he may not been aware about the mobile device that he left for charging. We request you to not keep your mobile phone for charging overnight as it may put your life at risk as well as can damage your property. We hope that Smartphone manufacturers would look forward in manufacturing devices which will auto cut power when the device gets fully charged. Please feel free to share this with your friends to spread awareness.