InShortViral: “It sounded like a firecracker,” bought the smartphone into an Apple store and wore charger and original cable. When contacting the company, the answer was that a new device would be sent.
A resident of Atlanta, in the United States, David Grimsley agreed with the home smoke detector beeping and “sparks and flames” coming out of his iPhone 6 Plus. It is more a case of the smartphone on fire while carrying – something that is not exactly common, but such cases are always frightened and reported.
Also Read: How To Schedule Whatsapp Messages On iPhone
Grimsley was asleep and had left the cell carrying the side, leaning against the bed. When the device burst into flames, he threw the device away from the bed and not to burn the covers, removing later also from the bedroom carpet. “Fortunately, I was not injured, but the device was totally lost and presents clear burn marks,” he said.
iPhone 6 Plus Caught Fire Owner Received New One Without Apology Any From Apple
He says he bought the smartphone into an Apple store and wore charger and original cable. When contacting the company, the answer was that a new device would be sent.
“It sounded like a firecracker,” David Grimsley told Channel 2 consumer investigator Jim Strickland. His smartphone burst into flame on Christmas Eve. It was on a charge with a genuine Apple cube and charging cord, he said.
Also Read: How To Schedule Text Messages On iPhone
“When it blew out and the flames and the sparks started flying, I was just thinking quickly let me get it where it was not going to burn down the apartment,” he said. Strickland says it’s just the latest case he’s seen since the new large iPhone debuted.
An Arizona man’s IPhone 6 ignited in his pocket in October 2014. Phillip Lechter told Strickland he’s never received an apology from Apple, and that his attorney is still seeking a resolution.
Also Read: How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Password
It also happened to a man in Douglas County three weeks ago. Channel 2’s Richard Elliot reported from a Home Depot where the victim had to take his pants off to prevent a burn injury.