Snapchat isn’t the most secure social media till now and for hackers, it is very much simple to hack anyone’s Snapchat account. Now if it is the case then probably you may also have your Snapchat account hacked as this isn’t impossible! But how can you detect that whether or not your snapchat account is hacked or not as there are no signs that could tell about that? As snapchat now offers or lets up the users send up the payments to other people by just attaching your card details with it hence it could be very dangerous if your account has been hacked by anyone as you could loose your account details and the money too. If you find your snapchat account with any unusual activity going on and you think so that your account have been hacked then don’t worry as we are here to help you get out of the issue easily. Here in this article, we have written about the possible solutions to recover your snap chat account and also the method through which you can identify whether your account is hacked or not. Just go and read the whole article now!
Hackers can hack your social media account just because of your carelessness and you may not be aware of it. So, to help you regarding that, we’ll guide you to identify and recover hacked Snapchat account.
How to Identify and Recover Hacked Snapchat Account
We have stated the things or the factors that could help you identify whether your Snapchat account is hacked or not. So follow the below steps to proceed.
Steps to Identify and Recover Hacked Snapchat Account:
1. If you tend to see any unusual activity on your Snapchat account that isn’t actually performed by you then there might be chances that this is done by the hacker only. The changes or the unusual activities could be like settings, display name, the addition of new friends etc. So, in this case, you can conclude that your Snapchat account has been hacked most probably.
2. If you are pushed out of your Snapchat account more frequently because of no reason and therefore you need to Log In again and again to your account to get control over it and access it then there are chances that your Snapchat account could have been hacked.
3. If you get any mail on your registered Email address from the Snapchat stating you about the changing of your account password, and your account is accessed from the unknown device at some other location then this is the sign that your Snapchat account has been hacked. Just try to login to your account again and if you aren’t able to get into your account then it’s all after you, your account is hacked!
Gaining Access to your Hacked Snapchat Account and then further secure it more:
1. Check if you haven’t been locked by the hacker out of your account till now by trying to login to your account. If you successfully logged on to your account then you can easily get control over your account again and protect future risk by changing up your account password.
2. Now if you cannot access your Snapchat account and the hacker has blocked you away by changing up your account password then you can still recover you account. You just have to go for the “Forgot your Password” option at the login screen of the snap chat and there Snapchat will ask you to if you want to change up your account password through using the Email or the phone number. Just choose your desired option from there and then fill up corresponding details, and you will get up the code as a message on your email or phone number and just fill up that code and go through the captcha check. Your account password will be changed successfully after that and you can access it easily through using up that password.
3. Now in case if the hacker has changed the registered email address, phone number and you aren’t able to recover your account through above method then you are at the point where the Snapchat team could only help you out. Just head over to the Snapchat help page on the web and there fill the request for account recovery by giving up the whole of your account details and check up the concern “I think my account was hacked“. Just go through that total Recovery wizard and you could gain access to your account again if you fill up the asked details perfectly and correctly.
Also Read: How to Run Snapchat On Rooted Android
Tips To secure your Snapchat account:
- Use strong password i.e combination of alphabets, numerals etc with altering case
- Never share up your account information anywhere on the websites, services etc
- Try not to use Snapchat in third-party apps
- Apply 2-factor authentication security to your Snapchat account
Also Read: Best Cool Snapchat Tricks and Hacks
And this was the method by which you can easily check out your Snapchat account whether it has been hacked by someone or not and if you find it hacked then the above methods in this article will just help you sort out that issue easily and you would get your snap chat account recovered after that.