There are instantly millions of users who are using android now. And android is the platform which implements more features than any other operating system. Now in this post, I am going to tell you How To Hide Apps on Android Devices. In android mobile, users keep on trying lots of apps and sometimes you need privacy in your apps too. As there are lots of apps that you don’t want to show others that you are using them. And at that time you might be not able to find any solution. But today we are here to guide you in this. As the guide we are going to discuss right here will help you to hide any of your android app and then you can easily unhide them according to your wish. And for that you have to follow complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Enable privacy on the apps that you have currently installed on your android mobile with the best ways to hide apps in your android with rooted android non rooted android discussed in details below.
How to Hide Apps on Android Devices
The method is quite simple and easy and you will not need to root your android or using the app that only works on the rooted android in first method as we are making it quite simpler. For that, simple launcher app will be greatly helpful. And the other methods will work on rooted android. So follow up the complete steps below to proceed.
#1 Method: Hide Apps on Android Devices Using Apex Launcher
- First of all in your android device you need to download and install the android launcher that is Apex Launcher the launcher that will help you to easily hide apps on your android mobile.
- After downloading the app simply launch the app in your device and now the launcher will get set to your device.
- Now on the homepage you will see the option App Settings there and you need to simply click on it.
- Now you need to navigate to Drawer Settings->Hidden apps there, just tap on it.
- Now you will see the list of all the apps that are currently installed on your device, and you need to select the apps that you want to hide in your android device and then after selecting the apps, simply click on save option there.
- Thats it you are done, now you can’t see those apps in your android drawer and if you want to access those apps you can simply access them using the Google Search of your android device.
#2 Method: Using Hide App-Hide Application Icon App
- First of all you need to root your android and for that you need to follow the guide here.
- After rooting your android device, you need to download and install the app
Hide App-Hide Application Icon and after installing the app launch it in your device.
- Now simply click on + button to add the apps in order to make them hidden.
Now you will see all the apps that are currently installed on your device, tick on the apps that you want to hide in your android and click on save option.
Thats it you are done, apps will get hidden and you can easily unhide them using the same app.
#3 Method Using Inbuilt Feature Of Android 5.0+
In latest android versions like lollipop, Marshmallow etc there is inbuilt feature by which you can easily hide or say protect apps. So follow up the below steps to proceed.
- First of all long tap on your android screen and then click on Settings.
- Now there scroll down and you will see the option Protected Apps, simply tap on that option.
- Now you need to draw the pattern to hide the apps to lock them.
- Now you will list of all the apps that are currently installed on your device, tap on the apps that you want to hide in your android.
- Now simply click on save and that it you are done, now the apps will be hidden from the drawer and you need to enable the Protected Apps option and that will ask for the saved pattern lock.
Also Read: How to Unroot Any Android Device In Single Click (2 Methods)
#4 Using Parallel Space App
This is the another best way that you will surely love to try. Follow the steps below to proceed.
- First of all in your android you need to download and install the cool app that is “Parellel Space“ the app that lets you to hide app in your device.
- After you have successfully searched for this app, install the app on your android device.
- Now after the installation completes, run the Parallel Space app on your device and click on incognito installation option there.
- Now you need to search for the app that you want to install and make it hide.
- Now play store will open and there you will see that app, just download and install the app from there.
- Now click on Uninstall option on the prompt you see in the app. Now you have installed the app in parallel space and this can only be accessed in this app and will be hidden from users.
So above discussion is all about How to Hide Apps on Android Devices. Use the complete guide discussed in the article and you can easily have privacy in the apps that being currently installed in your android. Hope you like this guide, do share with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.