In your PC there might be lots of personal data that can be accessed by any unauthorized person. This is just because your windows data is openly saved in your drives or say disks that are not encrypted or protected by encryption method, so even normal person can also hijack your data very easily by knowing some simple tricks or having single access to your PC. And I am sure that not any of you want to compromise with your privacy that is with your private data that you stored in your Windows PC. So to overcome this, we are here with a method by which you can encrypt or protect your data from being accessed by any unauthorized person. And that can be done by encrypting the data that is saved in your files and folder. And this will ensure privacy of your data. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Learn How To Encrypt Files And Folders In Windows: Time to secure the openly saved data in your windows OS by applying the encryption on the files and folders with the feature of windows to encrypt any data.
Also Read: How to Encrypt or Decrypt Files On Android
How To Encrypt Files And Folders In Windows
The method is quite simple and easy and you don’t need any sort of third party tool to encrypt any file or folder to ensure your privacy. So follow the steps below to proceed.
Steps To Encrypt Files And Folders In Windows:
- First of all right click on any file or folder that you want to encrypt in your windows OS.
- Now click on properties there and the dialog box will get appear.
- Now there click on Advanced from below options.
- Now advance attribute dialog will appear and there you need to enable “Encrypt contents to secure data:, and then click on ok button.
- Now a popup will appear that will confirm the action and ask you the option to apply to that file or folder only or all the files and folders inside that folder, choose the appropriate option there.
- Thats is you are done, now you will see encrypted sign on that file or folder and now that data will be in encrypted formats in memory location of windows.
So above discussion is all about How To Encrypt Files And Folders In Windows. This is the best way to secure your files and data in your windows rather than using the apps which can be bypassed easily with few tricks. Hope you like our work, do share this with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.