In computing, a virtual machine (VM) is an emulation of a given computer system. Virtual machines operate based on the architecture of equipment and functions of a real or hypothetical computer, and their implementations may involve specialized hardware, software, or a combination. In Windows Operating System, users use lots of third-party tools that play virtual Operating System on their devices, but the official tool that you can use is Hyper- V this is the tool that is available for all the version of Windows. And with the help of this tool, you can host various OS virtually right on your OS. And in this guide, we will tell you the way by which you can quickly create a virtual machine. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Create Virtual Machine in your Windows 10 without using any third party tool as there is the hidden official tool called Hyper-V that you need to enable first before accessing it in your Windows.
How to Create a Virtual Machine With Windows 10
The method is quite straightforward and easy, and you will be using this official tool that will help you to create the virtual environment of any of the OS on your device. So follow the below steps to proceed.
Also Read: How To Control The Data Usage In Windows 10
Steps To Create a Virtual Machine With Windows 10:
- First of all, in your Windows 10 PC, you need to open run dialog box by pressing Win+R button, and then there enter “optionalfeatures.exe”.
- Now you will see Turn Windows Feature On And Off menu there.
- Now there you need to tick on the option Hyper-V to enable this tool in your Windows 10.
- Now the feature will get activated, and you will now need to restart your computer to apply the changes on your PC.
- Now when PC starts press Windows button on your keyboard and then type Hyper-V and then click on Hyper-V manager there.
- Now there click on Virtual Switch Manager option there under the action.
- There select the option External and then choose the option Create Virtual Switch.
- Now you need to enter the details and settings that we had displayed in the below screenshot, and this will create virtual OS of the name defined by you.
- Now in the error message, you need to click on the ok button there.
- Now click on New -> Virtual Machine and there you need to set up the virtual machine on your device initially.
- Now there you need to set up all the options according to your wish and then click on next.
- Now under the installation option, you need to choose Install an operating system from a bootable image file and there you need to select the ISO file whose OS you want to virtually create.
- Now after setting up all you need to turn on the computer and then Windows will start booting up in the tool and the OS will get virtually created.
So above discussion is all about How to Create a Virtual Machine With Windows 10, Use the above method and you can quickly set up the virtual machine right on your Windows 10 without using any third party tool. Hope you like it, do share with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.