Pages files or documents are not compatible with Microsoft Word by default because it uses some different extension. In order to open these Pages Files in Microsoft Word you will have to convert them to the compatible format i.e their extension should be “.docx” or “.doc” as Microsoft Office by default open the files with these format. After you convert these Pages Files to that format and changes its extension then only you can open and view these files in Microsoft Word. Here in this article is the method discussed by which you can also change the Pages Files to Microsoft Word Format by changing the extension of these files. Go through the article and learn about the method that you can use to do so.
Learn the simple and easy method to Convert Pages Files to Microsoft Word Format in your Mac or Windows to make it editable in any of normal editors in any of the OS by following up the simple guide in this article.
How To Convert Pages Files to Microsoft Word Format
The method is quite simple and easy and you just need follow simple trick that will allow you to convert the extension and make it open able in your Office. So follow up the steps below to proceed.
Steps To Convert Pages Files to Microsoft Word Format:
1. Firstly, open up the Pages Files in a regular way i.e in the default way inside the Pages app. Inside the Pages App go to the “File” menu and then select “Export to” option from the list that appears. Click on the “Word” option from the further options that will appear.
2. Now you will now see a different screen from where you can see different tabs naming Pdf, Word, Plain Text etc. Select the Word tab and you will then see multiple options from where you has to set the format that is compatible with your Microsoft Word.
3. Choose the right format for your Pages files so that you can then access these files later on. After selecting the options for the format of your files, Click on the “Next” button.
4. Now you will be asked to set up the name for the new file or the converted file, you will also be asked to set the location of the file to where it will be exported. Fill up the details for these options and then click on the “Export“.
5. You can then see your file on the location that you has set, it will have converted to the Microsoft Word Format and can be open through Microsoft Word.
So, that is the easiest method by which you can change the Pages Files to Microsoft Word and then access these as a Word document. You can also change the files to their previous formats and therefore use them again as Pages Files. Learn the method from the above article and start converting your Pages Files to the Microsoft Word Format. Keep on sharing and leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.